The Federal Council for Sustainable Development has financed a study on the needs for electrification of mobility in Belgium, and on the related economic, social and environmental impacts. The report of this study carried out by Climact is now available on the website of the FRDO-CFDD.
In order to present the main results of the study, but also to show some concrete examples related to the electrification of mobility, a webinar is organised on Monday 17 January 2022 from 14:00 to 15:30.
Review the webinar
The programme is as follows:
- Welcome speech by the moderator | prof. Jean-Pascal van Ypersele, UCLouvain
- Introduction: the status of the study on the transition to climate neutrality in Belgium | Vincent Van Steenberghe, FPS Public Health, Climate Change Section (presentation Vincent Van Steenberghe)
- Presentation of the study | Quentin Schobbens, Climact (presentation Quentin Schobbens)
- Impacts of batteries in the South | Kiki Berkers, 11.11.11 (presentation Kiki Berkers)
- Forecast of electrification in the car market and fleet by 2030 and 2035 | Laurent Willaert, FEBIAC (presentation Laurent Willaert)
- Presentation of the Belgian eCar 333 project. Brakes and obstacles encountered. | Xavier Van der Stappen, eCar 333 (presentation Xavier Van der Stappen)
- How is the recycling of electric cars and their batteries managed in Belgium? | Catherine Lenaerts, Watt4ever (presentation Catherine Lenaerts) – (video Watt4Ever)
- Questions and answers
The languages used will be Dutch and French, and simultaneous translation (FR-NL) will be provided.
If you have any questions about this webinar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo by Michael Fousert on Unsplash